Noblesville Christian Church built in 1855 on the Southeast corner of 9th and Maple Avenue.
13th & Hannibal St
Was one of the last remaining neighborhood commercial buildings left around Old Town. The store was run for years by the Couden family.
1053 N. 10th St
This quaint cottage home was of unusual style and building materials for Noblesville
N. 16th Street & Monument Street
Historic Crownland Cemetery is an integral part of the Monument St. neighborhood. The wrought iron fence surrounding the cemetery was part of the cemetery's historic character.
Walnut and S. 9th St.
This gable front Greek Revival cottage, built c. 1840, served for decades as the Co-op office. The detailed, Queen Anne woodwork on the porch was noteworthy, but unfortunately the porch fell to decay and was removed over 10 years ago.
This house was owned by the Fertig family from the time it was built until the last relative, Helen Thompson, died in 1972. The Fertig's were leading lawyers in town and Helen's brother, Emmet Fertig, was elected mayor. Helen helped build the Carnegie Library and served on the library board for 50 years. This home was demolished due to the city hall expansion.
The Greek-Revival style framed Church was built on donated land on the east side of Catherine (now 9th Street).
Constructed in 1888-1889, First Ward was a grand brick school located at Harrison Street and North 10th Street. The construction of North Elementary on the north side of First Ward signaled the demise of this grand school building. During the summer of 1967 this historic structure was brought down by a wrecking ball.
1053 Maple Ave
Built in 1900, this quaint cottage acted as a boundary between residential and commercial areas of downtown Noblesville. It does not appear in the Sanborn maps until c. 1900. It’s older architectural style gives a clue that the house may have been moved to its current location
After serving as a Hospital and nursing school and an apartment building this structure was purchased by American National Bank and razed in 1975 to make room for a parking lot.
At the turn of the 20th Century, an intercity electric railway network began to form across Indiana, with Indianapolis at its heart.
525 Sheridan Road
This home was the former residence of Preston Tucker, a national innovator in the automobile industry and subject of the Hollywood movie, “Tucker.” This home was an excellent example of the American Foursquare style. This home which proudly stood on Hwy 38 since the early 20th century in a neighborhood of slow decline from residential to commercial, was demolished in November. The loss of this home speaks volumes about the major effect that improper commercial zoning of residential structures ca ...
After almost a century of service to the Noblesville School System the Second Ward School was demolished in 1969.
The first public school in Hamilton County was the Seminary School located on South 10th Street in Noblesville (today the site is Seminary Park). The school building was replaced in 1872 with the second Seminary School which eventually became Second Ward School.
Highway 38 East
This early I-House Greek Revival farmhouse, built c. 1845, was one of the last remaining Pre-Civil war farmsteads in Noblesville. The home was large and constructed from high-quality, handhewn materials. It was of museum-quality.
The Third Ward School was used as a school until 1968. The building was destroyed by a wrecking ball in April of 1969.
1314 Hannibal Street
This 2-story Victorian home was typical of the style of Vernacular Victorian homes common in Noblesville. Before it underwent poor quality renovations (and a fire) the façade was mostly original, with details intact, such as porch posts, brackets and decorative fish scaling.
In 1959, The Noblesville Parking Corporation decided to demolish the Wild Opera House and create a public parking lot on the site.
166 S. 10th Street
Local people remember fun times in the Wolverton Family living room in this grand home. This home was demolished due to city hall expansion